IT’S TIME. IT’S BEEN TIME FOR AGES.
Dabster Productions is committed to helping deliver an environmentally sustainable media production industry. We seek to better understand and manage our impact, implementing initiatives to act on our opportunity to make a meaningful difference.
Our impacts are:
• Energy consumption, in studios, offices and on location.
• Travel, for meetings, crew and talent to and from recordings and for post-production.
• Waste – paper and batteries primarily.
Our potential to make a difference:
Dabster recognises that we have a responsibility to actively reduce our environmental impact in our productions and daily work. With proper planning we can continue resourcing equipment, suppliers and locations that have committed to lowering their own carbon emissions and waste.
Equally as important, is our privilege to demonstrate environmentally friendly and carbon cutting methodologies, practices and routines in our storytelling. Normalising these behaviours on-screen carries an incredible weight in the audience’s eye, and we will strive to include these messages in both the subject of our content, and its context.
- Procuring green energy from companies exclusively selling 100% renewable power.
- Putting sustainability questions in to all our supplier contracts.
- Offering sustainability training to all our stakeholders through BAFTA albert’s free Carbon Literacy industry training scheme.
- Offsetting the unavoidable elements of our carbon footprint (i.e travel)
- Ensure that all of our productions comply with relevant environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Follow best practise for sustainable production by procuring sustainable goods and services.
- Prioritising editorial opportunities to include environmental considerations, under the Planet Placement guidance.
Julia Sutherland will be responsible for monitoring our progress and reviewing these aims. The next review date will be May 31st 2023.
“Our industry’s biggest opportunity to tackle the climate crisis is through the content we share on screen.”wearealbert.org